Individual Health Insurance
Peel & Holland University: Inform on Reform for the Individual
Affordable Care Act; health care reform; Obamacare - the changes to health insurance can be called many things, the most applicable of which could be "confusing." At Peel & Holland, we hope to alleviate the confusion for you so that you may better understand your options and what to do.
To help us achieve that, we have compiled multiple resources for you. Please review the information below. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call us at 800.599.8621.
Want Peel & Holland to advise you?
If you would like the team at Peel & Holland to advise you of your options, please fill out this form and bring it to one of our offices, or call 800.599.8621. We are more than happy to help!
Kaiser Family Foundation
The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit, private operating foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the United States, as well as the U.S.'s role in global health policy. Following are links to some helpful information from KFF:
- Understanding Health Reform - Summary Page
Video explaining the basics of Health Care Reform
3:00 into the video, Medicaid Expansion is discussed. Here is a State-by-State summary of which states have expanded Medicaid to 138% of the federal poverty level.
- KY has expanded Medicaid
- TN is undecided
- IL has expanded Medicaid
- MO is not expanding Medicaid
- 4:00 into the video, state exchanges are discussed. Here is a listing of which states have their own state-based exchanges.
- 3:00 into the video, Medicaid Expansion is discussed. Here is a State-by-State summary of which states have expanded Medicaid to 138% of the federal poverty level.
- Subsidy Estimator Calculator
- Frequently Asked Questions about Health Care Reform
Peel & Holland Summaries
The team at Peel & Holland has also compiled some helpful information for you. Following are PDFs you can download which explain some of the ins-and-outs of health care reform:
What does Health Reform mean for me?
- What is the individual mandate and are there any exceptions?
- What are the annual penalties if I don't comply?
- What has changed about my health care coverage?
- How will premiums be determined in the future?
- What are my options for purchasing health insurance?
What is this going to cost me, and is the government going to help pay my premium?
- What are the estimated costs?
- Who can get a subsidy?
- What are the Federal Poverty Guidelines?
- Subsidy example
What do I do now...
- if I currently have health insurance?
- if I currently do not have health insurance?